Anthony Afong, MD, DABPM
Dr. Anthony F. Afong is a Pain Management Doctor at National Pain Institute, and has been practicing for 15 years.
He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Florida, Gainesville, and his medical degree from University of South Florida, Tampa.
Dr. Afong believes in taking a broad and interdisciplinary approach to treating his patients. He became a doctor because he loves being able to use his love of science and the human body, and channeling that to make a difference in patients’ lives.
He was born in Trinidad, West Indies, and loves being a family man. When he isn’t busy helping his patients at National Pain Institute, he enjoys mountain biking, snow boarding, boating, hiking, cars, and traveling.
Here are a few more fun facts about Dr. Afong:
- If he wasn’t a doctor, he would be involved in business.
- His favorite superhero is Superman because he is “able to fly, has physical strength and strong morals, and is mild mannered/modest in his civilian role.”
- He lived in several places including: Salt Lake City, UT; Houston, TX; Tampa, FL; Gainesville, FL; Indialantic, FL; Rockledge, FL; Palm Bay, FL; Plantation, FL; Palm City, FL; and Pittsburgh, PA.
- His favorite subject in school: Physics.
- His least favorite subject in school: Civics.
- His nickname is Tony.
- If he would change one thing in the world, he would change societies, politicians, and individuals’ lack of accountability and morals.
- He volunteers with Friends of 440.
- The most exciting place he visited was Barcelona, Spain.
If you need a pain management doctor, Dr. Afong is passionate about making a difference in patients’ lives, and he’s excited to meet you.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
American Academy of Pain Management
American Board of Pain Medicine
Workers’ Compensation Certificate State of Florida
Major Zoology, Minor Business – University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
Doctor of Medicine – University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida
University of Utah – Salt Lake City, Utah – Internal Medicine Internship
Baylor College of Medicine – Houston Texas – Physical Medical & Rehabilitation Residency
- Diplomate American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Diplomate American Academy of Pain Medicine
- Diplomate American Academy of Pain Management
- American Academy of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American Academy of Neurophysiological Monitoring
- Southern Medical Association
In practice since 2000
Accepting New Patients
National Pain Institute
150 Chamber Court
Port St. Lucie, Florida 34986
Ph: (866) 951-7246
Location Fax: (772) 807-9087