Maya Benton is a Physician Assistant at National Pain Institute, and has been practicing for 10 years. Her compassion for her patients has always helped her stand out.
She received her undergraduate degree from the University of San Agustin, and her PA degree from Chattam University.
When she isn’t busy helping her patients, Maya enjoys spending time with her wonderful husband, Gary. They love to travel and have fun together. She also enjoys traveling and reading.
Here are a few more fun facts about Maya:
- She was born in Los Angeles, CA.
- If she wasn’t a PA, she would definitely be in the medical field (likely still a medical technologist).
- Her favorite superhero is Superman “because he is always protecting the innocent and helps people in any way he can.”
- She lived in several locations (“too many to count”). At one point she was active duty in the US Army and was stationed in Landstuhl, Germany.
- The most exciting place she visited was Amsterdam, Holland.
- She speaks Hiligaynon, English, and some Tagalog.
- Her favorite subject in school: Math.
- Her least favorite subject in school: Foreign Language.
- If she could change one thing about the world: “I would have listened to my elders when I was younger.”
- In the past she volunteered with the Humane Society and several free health fairs.
You will be very happy if Maya Benton is your PA because she loves developing relationships with her patients and becoming part of their lives (which are her favorite parts of being a PA).