Noreen Burch is a Physician Assistant at National Pain Institute, and has been practicing for 13 years. She was the only student accepted to the Medical College of Georgia from out of state.
She received her undergraduate degree from the University of Florida, and her PA degree from the Medical College of Georgia.
Why did she become a PA? “I was in a military hospital as a child and the orderlies basically did everything. They helped me not be afraid while I was in the hospital; I knew then that I wanted to do something in the medical field.”
When she’s not busy helping her patients at National Pain Institute, Noreen enjoys spending time with her 86-year-old mother who lives with her (she also has family in Florida, Oregon, and North Carolina). She also enjoys boating, fishing, golf, tennis, SEC football, NFL, and traveling.
Here are a few more fun facts about Noreen:
- She was born in France.
- She has 2 dogs (a 16-year-old “wiener” dog and a 9-year-old Schnauzer).
- If she wasn’t a PA, she would be a photographer for National Geographic so she can travel the world.
- Her favorite character is Yoda (“you must!”).
- She lived in Florida and Georgia.
- The most exciting place she visited was New York City (“totally opposite of the slow paced life here”).
- Her favorite subject in school: Science.
- Her least favorite subject in school: Math.
- If she could change one thing about the world, she said, “Everyone would be healthy and I would no longer have a job!!”
- She volunteers with a ministry that helps homeless veterans and families who need food, clothing, and help finding jobs.
You will be happy if Noreen is your PA because when she says she understands what you’re going through, she really does! She loves helping people feel better in order to lead a productive life (which is also her favorite part of being a PA).