Ricardo Leano, MD
Dr. Ricardo Leano is a Pain Management Doctor at National Pain Institute, and has been practicing for 28 years. As a Lean and Six Sigma advocate, he is always looking for ways to innovate, create better processes, provide unparalleled patient safety, and increase efficiency and quality.
He attended medical school at the Universidad Nacional de Colombia where he earned his degree. When he moved to the United States, he earned his equivalent medical degree, completed an internship, residency, and board certification (and the recertification ten years later).
He also earned his Masters of Business Administration (MBA) with specialization in Healthcare, and graduated with an Award of Academic Merit for Academic Excellence.
After 12 years of private practice, Dr. Leano enrolled in an Interventional Pain Fellowship for further training and education.
Dr. Leano was born in Bogota, Colombia (South America), and his father (a doctor, too) influenced his decision to become a doctor. Now, Dr. Leano has a family of his own. Dr. Leano has been married for 30 years and has a 22-year-old son who is starting veterinary medical school.
Dr. Leano’s favorite part of being a doctor? “Talking to and learning from patients.”
When Dr. Leano isn’t busy helping his patients at National Pain Institute get their lives back, he enjoys motorcycles, boats, cars, playing guitar, and listening to classical music.
Here are a few more fun facts about Dr. Leano:
- He has a Welch Terrier female dog.
- His favorite superheroes: his father, his son, Albert Einstein, Mahatma Gandhi, Demin, and Christopher Columbus.
- He lived in several locations including: Bogota, Colombia; Miami, FL; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Brooklyn, NY; Pembroke Pines, FL; Rock Hill, NY; and West Palm Beach, FL.
- The most exciting place he visited: Istanbul, Turkey.
- He is fluent in Spanish and knows conversational French.
- His favorite subjects in school: Math and Physics.
- His least favorite subject in school: History.
- If he could change one thing about the world, he would eliminate pollution and contamination.
If you’re searching for a pain management doctor, Dr. Leano would love to meet you and help restore your pain-free life.